- Distinguished Neutral, International Institute for Conflict Resolution and Prevention (CPR Institute, New York), International Mediation Institute (The Hague), and U.S. – China Business Mediation Center (Beijing).
- Officer, Section of Dispute Resolution, American Bar Association
- Professor of Law, Suffolk University Law School
- Recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award, American College of Civil Trial Mediators
- Named repeatedly to Best Lawyers in America in Mediation
- National awards for best article and best book of the year in the field of dispute resolution
- Director of Panelist Training and Senior Mediator, J.A.M.S.
- Chair, ADR Program Committee, American Bar Association Sections of Litigation and Business Law
- Attorney, Hinckley, Allen and Snyder, Boston
- Chief, Consumer Protection Division and Chief, Government Bureau and Trial Division, Attorney General of Massachusetts
- Special Prosecutor, Essex County District Attorney
- Patient Advocate and Member, Board of Directors, Coverys, Inc., and Member, Board of Directors, Arbella Mutual Insurance Company.
- Chair, Consumer Advisory Council to the Governors of the Federal Reserve
- Visiting Professor, Boston University, University of Oregon, Penn State, and Harvard Program of Instruction for Lawyers
- B.A. (Economics), Amherst College
- J.D., Harvard Law School
- Married with two children