Examples of Malpractice/Breach of Duty Cases:
- Claims against lawyers for alleged malpractice in tax, ERISA and estate planning and for fiduciary violations in estate administration.
- Claims against the trustees of a family trust for maladministration and by shareholders in a manufacturing company against a CEO, alleging misallocation of salaries, expenses and dividends and freeze-outs.
- Malpractice/misrepresentation claim brought by the purchaser of an international business against the seller’s accountants.
- Lawsuit between accounting firm partners involving allegations of a freeze-out and mismanagement.
- Dispute between an architectural firm and an owner over allegedly negligent design and errors in a licensing application involving an energy facility.
- See Construction cases for other disputes involving allegations of malpractice by architects and engineers.